Friday, January 8, 2010

Now that the price of Oil has reached the one Hundred mark, do you still think if Hilary or Rudy?

that they would really work hard to get us off this dependence of oil? I think it is time for someone one younger and if he so happens to represent the best of the Caucasian race and the best of the African heritage would that be so bad we need a change of thinking here in America andcome to gether for get skin color and promote change of thinking for the future of this country we need to take a chance on someone different and with faults that the younger person can see you can fall but you can pull your self up and be sucessfulNow that the price of Oil has reached the one Hundred mark, do you still think if Hilary or Rudy?
I think the president will have far less to do with getting the US to become less dependent on foreign oil than the average person will.





Here is something I wrote in my blog about cutting consumption:


More ideas:


Take the bus. You don鈥檛 even have to take it all the way. For me, there is no bus or even a decent combination of busses that would get me from home to work and back. But there is a bus that starts about half way there and drops me off at work. I save 32 miles per day and my employer even covers most of the bus pass cost. I pay only $15 per month. I couldn鈥檛 go 32 miles day (the rest of my commute) for $15 a month. I save 192 gallons per year just by talking the bus. (My motorcycle gets 40 MPG)





Carpool. Think about this example: You and your neighbor both drive 20 miles per day to get to and from work. If you drop off your neighbor at work and then drive to your place of work it takes 30 miles. For this example (to make math easy) we will also assume the opposite is true, if your neighbor drives you to work and then goes to his work, he drives 30 miles. Even in this situation you save 10 miles per day. When you both drive separately each of you drive 20 miles each for 40 miles total. Together you only drive 30. If you could only work it out to do this twice a week, you would save 1040 miles per year! Since you would drive 10400 miles per year if you drove separately (40 miles per day each * 5 days per week * 52 weeks per year) = 10400, that鈥檚 10%! That puts a whole new spin on driving a little out of your way鈥?





Since I wrote that, my wife's schedule and mine lined up better. She works across the street from a park-and-ride lot that the bus I take to work leaves from. I now carpool with her to the park-and-ride and take the bus from there. I have saved another 32 miles per day or another 192 gallons per year. No hardship for anyone and a big reduction of usage. If everyone car pooled once a week we could reduce our gas usage 10%.Now that the price of Oil has reached the one Hundred mark, do you still think if Hilary or Rudy?
No. Obama cant help either.





McCain and Romney could help.
Get the far left out of the way and begin the ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY drilling of oil here at home and on the continental shelf and start building new refineries and watch those prices and our dependency on Saudi Arabia dwindle. Then we can put serious efforts into finding VIABLE alternative sources rather than playing with pet projects that are nothing more than a PC waste of money like ethanol
I think of God.
We need to do something - and this would make all happy: those who want to stop global warming and those who want to stop our dependence on nations. We need to concentrate on that big orange ball in the sky that is full of energy, hydrogen, and nuclear (nucular if your dubya).
I don't vote based on skin color or gender. I vote based on issues and where the candidate stands on them (as well as voting history of that candidate).
they are not in the OVAL OFFICE fool
Liberals love the high gas prices because it means people will use less and therefore less of carbon footprint.





Those who drive the SUVs don't care about the price of gas to them it is just money.





Those who want to get off oil are just noise on the radio now.
If we didn't need so much of it to drive our H1 hummers and expeditions, maybe I shouldn't say we since I drive a Dodge Neon, then maybe the price of a barrel would drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment